Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fatty Taters. Delicious and fun to say.

In honor of International No Diet Day, I present to you my most requested recipe, a dish I like to call "Fatty Taters".  

It's almost embarrassing in its simplicity and I always cringe when I am asked for the recipe because then everyone knows how absurdly easy these are.  It was given to me by my friend Melissa's mom because all the best recipes come from somebody's mom, not a food stylist.


Fatty Taters

Ingredients

2 lbs of frozen country style hashbrowns.  You want little cubes, not shreds.

2 cans cream of potato soup

1 pint sour cream

1 tsp garlic powder

Salt and pepper to taste 

2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Optional: Dried dill and garlic salt.  I add these, but this recipe is perfect as written.

Directions

Step one:

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease up a large casserole dish (I use a 13x9 for maximum bubbly cheesy surface area).

Step two:

Mix together the potato soup, sour cream, and the spices.



(So I added a can of cheddar cheese soup because I accidentally grabbed a clam chowder instead of a potato soup.  It ended up tasting basically the same.)


Step three:

Layer the potatoes, creamy sauce, and 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese.

I'll never promise you guys beautifully food-styled pictures, but I do promise that everything tastes amazing.  Who has time to artfully arrange their ingredients under studio lighting?  People who don't actually cook, that's who.

Stay with me, it doesn't look great right now.  But I promise that this turns into something spectacular.





Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.  The original recipe calls for dotting the top with butter, which you are welcome to do but it's greasy and delicious enough without it.



Drink your coffee while preparing, if needed.  Do not bother to take coffee mug out of photo if photographing.


  Bake for 45 mins -1 hour. Marvel at yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment